The Shade Haven is a parasol with a diameter of 9 or 12 M that gives shade to animals in summer pasture. It is an investment for a better life for your animals, improving fertility and health.
Why do you need Shade on your farm?
- Animal welfare, heat stress is a torment for animals that cannot find shade anywhere, and various secondary diseases are promoted (milk fever, udder inflammation, rumen acidosis).
- Animal welfare gives agricultural returns and heat stress costs milk and meat production.
- Fertility of the animals suffers greatly from heat stress, a reason to slaughter animals early.
- Grazing contributes to the solution of the nitrogen problem. A cow does not poop and pee at the same time, not even in the pasture. Mixing poo and pee, as is inevitable in the stables, gives more ammonia emissions.
- Controlled grazing, by regularly moving the SH, ensures an even grazing of the pasture, prevents eutrophication and trampling.
- An SH is a business card for a farm, it shows the commitment of the farmer, to the animals, to the consumers of the products, to the recreationists who admire the cows in the landscape.